Thursday, July 2, 2009

My First Legitimate Update

Ok, so I've been gone from LA now for a little over 3 months now. In that time I think I've managed to tell most people I've talked to that "nothing's new." But that's not entirely true. I think I've been waiting until I had a forum for updating everyone at once since I am lazy and did not want to tell the same old stories over and over again. I also really hoped not to bore anyone with stories of long rehearsals and cheesy show material. That honor was all Emily's! But now, finally, things are starting to pick up and I feel I've done some things worth sharing for those of you who are interested.

First of all heres the 10 cent tour of my first 2 months with Royal Carribbean:

1. Flew to Dumpy Hollywood, FL April 1st.
2. Rehearsed 6 days a week for 2 months.
3. Learned the 3 cheesy Revue shows I'll be performing for the next 8 months.
4. Had an amazing visit with Emily who flew down to see me!
5. Finally left Dumpsville, USA.

Then I got on the ship:

1. Had 3 more rigorous weeks acclimating our shows to the new space with costumes and props and lights and all that jazz.
2. Spent what hours I wasn't rehearsing either catching up on sleep or catching up on sleep during training sessions.
3. Finally performed all 3 shows on the ship, got rave reviews, kicked our directors back to the studios, and got started with the part of this adventure I was actually looking forward to.

Should these posts be short? I think so.

Next one.

4 comments:

  1. Cool, been waiting to hear what's been going on.

    What are you singing? I've never been on a cruise but always wondered if performers could feel the boat move and if that freaked them out while they were performing.

    Now you need to add photos to the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mentioned! In a BLOG! I feel so special. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. David-
    YES we can totally feel the boat move during performances. It is definitely an odd feeling and makes choreography very difficult at times.

    Photos to come soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE PLEASE! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete